|Model Number::||GMS501||Type::||Chewing Gum Bases, Emulsifiers, Stabilizers|
|Appearance::||White Flake Or Powder||Place Of Origin::||Guangzhou, China|
|Brand Name::||VIVID||Monoester Percentage(%)::||50-57|
|Free Acid(stearic Acid %)::||≤2.5||Packaging Details::||25 Kg/paper Bag|
oil water emulsion,
E471- Glycerol Monostearate GMS Milk Drinking Biscuit White Water Soluble Non Ionic Emulsifier
VIVID Glycerol monostearate, commonly known as GMS, is an organic molecule used as an emulsifier. GMS is a colorless, odorless, and sweet-tasting flaky powder that is hygroscopic. It is a glycerol ester of stearic acid. It occurs naturally in the body as a by-product of the breakdown of fats, and is also found in fatty foods
|Color||White or light-yellow|
|Acid value(mg KOH/g)||≤3.0|
|Saponification value(mg KOH/g)||130-145|
|Iodine value(g I/100g)||≤1.0|
|Melting point (℃)||55-58|
|Heavy metal (as Pb, mg/kg)||≤10|
GMS is a food additive used as a thickening, emulsifying, anti-caking, and preservative agent; an emulsifying agent for oils, waxes, and solvents; a protective coating for hygroscopic powders; a solidifier and control release agent in pharmaceuticals; and a resin lubricant. It is also used in cosmetics and hair care products. GMS is largely used in baking preparations to add "body" to the food. It is responsible for giving ice cream and whipped cream its smooth texture. It is sometimes used as an anti-staling agent in bread.
1) Bread: 0.3%-0.5% by the weight of flour in the fats before whipping or mix with flour in powder form.
2) Cake: 0.3%-0.5% by the weight of fat & oils in 55℃-65℃ and then mix with other material.
3) Cake emulsifier: 3%-20% of total, mix with other emulsifier in solid form or melt into sorbitol with other emulsifier as required.
4) Whipping topping: 0.4%-0.8% of total material, melted with fat & oils in 55℃-65℃.
5) Non-dairy creamer: 1.0%-1.5% of total material, melted with fat & oils in 55℃-65℃, subject to different purpose.
6) Milk drinking: 0.12%-0.15% of total products above 55℃ with stirring and homogeneity.
7) Protein beverage: 0.05%-0.15% of total products above 55℃ with stirring and homogeneity.
8) Ice cream: 0.2-0.3% of total products, melted with fat & oils in 55℃-65℃, subject to different butter, fat & oils or margarine.
9) Margarine, shortening: 0.3%-0.5% by the weight of fat & oils in 55℃-65℃, subject to different purpose.
10) Confections: 1.5%-2% of fat & oils in 55℃-65℃.
11) Pigment: as dispersion phase with pigment, 1.0-1.5% of oils in another way,
Contact Person: Masson